CSA stands for Community Shared (or Supported ) Agriculture. It is a local system of direct sale popular throughout North America.
In this system, members pay farmers up front for a share in the harvest of the coming season. CSA farmers provice members with seasonal vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers at weekly drop-offs or pick-ups.
- Get delicious, fresh, healthy food
- Receive quality organic food at affordable prices
- Know where their food comes from and how it was produced
- Learn about eating in season
- Become part of a local food community
- Have a guaranteed market for their harvest
- Receive money to help pay for seeds, feed and other inputs
- Share risks such as bad weather with their members
- Gain satisfaction from knowing the people who eat the food they grow